How does Opvantek improve my utility’s distribution integrity and asset management?
Opvantek offers decision support software to assist companies with their asset management. Each product concentrates on a certain type of analysis:
- Identify and quantify integrity threats
- Analyzing third-party data to prevent damages
- Model cost and risk impacts associated with projects
- Track asset maintenance and compliance time frames
- Audit history to track success and comply with DIMP reporting
- Improve confidence placing leaks, services, etc. on GIS facilities
Check out our Industry Solutions page and follow the links for your industry.
How does Opvantek use its partnerships to achieve its goals?
Optimain, the flagship product suite, integrates with several other technologies to bring users the results they demand and deserve. For example, companies like ESRI provide Opvantek staff with the tools necessary to allow Optimain to integrate with ArcGIS.
Other businesses have recognized the power of Opvantek’s offerings. For example, USIC entered into an exclusive reseller agreement with Opvantek to offer Optimain xDR as a value added service.
For more information about companies and organizations connected to Opvantek, click here to review a list of technology partners, business partnerships, and association memberships.
How does the Optimain Suite meet or exceed the federal Distribution Integrity Management Program (DIMP) regulations?
The Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) published regulations that ensure pipeline integrity and continued safety for transportation of energy products, and Opvantek provides a variety of solutions for utility companies. The Optimain Suite focuses on providing safe, reliable, and high-quality asset management software. Each application specializes in particular areas of distribution integrity.
- Optimain DS is a decision support and risk management software that aids users in identifying damages and minimizing capital and operating costs.
- Optimain DS SPIP is an add-on to Optimain DS that extends the logic to include service pipes.
- Optimain ACM lets users track asset life cycles to comply with their respective regulations
- Optimain xDR monitors third-party excavation activity to reduce the probability and consequence of damages.
- Optimain GPS is a tool kit that improves the confidence of records placed on GIS facilities through geo-coding historic and new records/events.
- Optimain JPM analyzes and maximizes the cost benefits associated with aligning various asset rehabilitation projects with third-party construction.
What about Optimain xDR makes it unique and the most effective tool for identifying risk?
Excavation damage is the leading cause of incidents for most utility distribution companies. Optimain xDR utilizes data from 811 One Call tickets to flag situations that appear high risk. Companies could select One Call tickets at random instead of deploying Optimain xDR, but that would only prevent 10% of the damages. In a study measuring the effects of Optimain xDR, companies utilizing the application found:
- On average reviewing just the top 10% of tickets each day creates an opportunity to prevent 55% of the damages that actually occurred.
- Manual intervention on only the top 20 tickets leads to 35% of damages
To learn more about this innovative application for maintaining distribution integrity, check out this video.
Will I have the support needed to effectively operate the Optimain Suite?
Opvantek offers end user database administrators the best access to the tools they need to solve problems. Our Support Staff responds quickly to inquiries and works with users every step of the way when navigating an issue using an Opvantek product or service.
Before anything goes into production, a highly skilled trainer from Opvantek will visit your corporate campus and demonstrate how to use the product suite. This live interaction is unparalleled compared to using just brochures or user guides to figure out everything the programs have to offer. The highly skilled trainer will walk you and your team through all the necessary steps the user will need to know to maximize the benefits of the Optimain Suite.
How Can I Reach Out to Opvantek?
All of our Contact Information is listed at the footer and on our Contact Page Here.