Optimain xDR is a cloud-based software engine that assesses excavation damage risk on each 811 notification sent from a one call center to an underground facility owner. Analysis of data sets across the country have consistently shown that over 50% of actual damages will occur on tickets ranked in the top 10% by Optimain xDR, allowing every stakeholder in the damage prevention process to target damage prevention activities on the highest risk tickets. Field use in multiple states has led to 30% year-over-year reductions in damages per 1000 tickets.
Analyzing Data and Trends
Before implementing Optimain xDR, Opvantek analyzes One-Call records and any other data collected and maintained by the damage prevention unit, as well as the work processes and coordination among relevant business units. This approach may identify opportunities for improvement, and highlight the benefits of using One-Call record data and any other data inputs from the damage protection unit to support the operator’s threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation efforts.
Then, Opvantek performs a statistical analysis of historical locate requests by both spatial and related attributes, including street name, address range, and/or Map Grid, plus contractor name (to identify worst offenders), and type of work performed, correlating the data with historical leak reports to determine whether One-Calls are providing a meaningful threat warning and/or failure factor for specific pipe materials.
Optimain xDR provides the following benefits to any distribution system operator:
- Helps operators focus limited damage prevention resources on the highest risk areas
- Gives immediate visibility of underground facilities in the high-risk areas (tabular or GIS)
- Identifies proactive damage prevention opportunities such as frequent offenders (excavators determined to be high risk based on past performance), poorly performing locate technicians, or areas prone to damage
- Improves customer safety and satisfaction by reducing service disruptions and emergency situations
How can you prevent Excavation Damage with Optimain xDR? Click here:
Optimain xDR News:
- Opvantek and USIC announce New Phase in Reseller Agreement V2
- Effectiveness of Optimain xDR
- Analysis of DOT reportable incidents caused by excavation damage
- Reseller agreement supporting USIC’s Ticket Risk Assessment damage prevention service