Andrew Benedict is a co-founder of Opvantek, Inc. He is also the creator and lead architect of the Optimain® and OpCircuit® product suites. Andy has over 25 years of experience in utility management, business process and information technology consulting, and software product development.
Throughout his career, he has worked on numerous consulting engagements, spearheading business process, quality and operational improvement initiatives within over 50 major utility and manufacturing companies. Through persistent focus on bottom line objectives, Andy has helped many of these companies achieve significant cost savings and operational improvements.
Some of Andy’s prior leadership positions include:
- Project Management or Lead roles in over 30 consulting and Information Technology development engagements both as an independent consultant and as a principal of Vantage Consulting, Inc.
- Senior Manager in Ernst & Young’s Utilities Consulting practice
- Engineering, process and plant management positions for several manufacturing companies
Andy has a B.S. in mechanical engineering from Lehigh University and an MBA from the University of Pittsburgh. His academic pursuits continue to be risk management, finance and statistics. He has written numerous papers and has spoken on strategic asset and risk management issues in front of several leading industry groups, including GITA, EPRI, AGA, IGT and others.
Tony Sileo – Vice President of Sales and Product Management
Tony Sileo joined Opvantek, Inc. in 2005. His background includes over 25 years of utility industry consulting and software product development experience, working for companies like GeoData Solutions, Navigant Consulting, Smallworld Systems, and GE Energy. Tony establishes Opvantek, Inc.‘s overall product strategy, based on input from current and prospective customers, market research, and industry regulations. He also provides input on product architecture and design and finds time to stay abreast of the latest technology trends. As our sales and marketing leader, Tony generates new leads, authorizes sales proposals, closes new business, and builds key partnerships. He also represents Opvantek, Inc. at industry trade shows and committees.
Some of Tony’s prior leadership positions include:
- Director of Product Development for Padcom, Inc., a provider of patented wireless networking software for utilities, public safety and other industries
- GE Network & Reliability Services (GE Smallworld/Smallworld Systems): Global Product Development Manager, Utility Product Group Manager, Internet Development Group Manager
- Navigant Consulting/GeoData Solutions: Managing Director, Business Intelligence Solutions; Director/VP of Technology; Director of Product Development
In 2004, Lauren was hired as the company’s Office Manager, and five years later she was promoted to QA & Support Manager. Since 2013, Lauren’s been overseeing all of Opvantek’s software development, testing and support activities as the groups’ director. Her experience includes program & project management, quality assurance, customer support, business analysis & design, event planning and performance metrics.
Lauren has a BM in Voice Performance and Business Management from West Chester University. Other professional qualifications include a Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) and a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification from the Scrum Alliance.